National Resource Center on LGBT Aging Job Posting: Internship Opportunity
August 16, 2011 — By National Resource Center on LGBT Aging —
The National Resource Center on LGBT Aging is seeking an intern beginning early-to-mid September through the end of December, with a possible continuation through May 2012, for a minimum of 15 hours per week. The intern will focus on a various aspects of the National Resource Center, the country's first and only technical assistance resource center aimed at improving the quality of services and supports offered to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Established in 2010 through a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging provides training, technical assistance and educational resources to aging providers, LGBT organizations and LGBT older adults. The center is led by Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) in partnership with 10 leading organizations from around the country.
Intern activities will include:
• Research and copywriting for the website and other print and web publications
• Developing outreach and evaluation systems for cultural competency training initiative
• Coordinating web-based training initiative for older adults
• Technical assistance to professionals in the field of aging and LGBT organizations
• Some data entry of training evaluations
Education and Requirements:
Candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s Degree is required with a Masters degree (attained or in progress) in public policy, community organizing, social work or a related field is ideal.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as to multitask effectively.
• Familiarity with MS Office applications.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to work in an office setting.
Internship is unpaid, but we will work with current students for credit, if needed.
The intern will work out of the SAGE midtown NYC office, 305 Seventh Avenue, NY, NY.
Please email resume, cover letter and short writing sample to email@example.com. Applicant review will be on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, "National Resource Center Intern Position" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Click here to download this job listing>>
SAGE is an equal opportunity employer. SAGE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, or disability. Women, older adults, people of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.