SAGECare Credential Program
SAGECare provides LGBTQ+ competency training and consulting on LGBTQ+ aging issues to service providers. As an added benefit, qualifying agencies may receive a national credential from SAGECare to highlight the percentage of staff trained. SAGECare trainings cover topics such as:
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Older Adults
- Creating Inclusive communities for LGBTQ+ Older Adults
- Enriching Care for LGBTQ+ Older Adults of Color
- Transgender Older Adults: Information and Suggestions for Providers
- Caregiving in the LGBTQ+ Community
- Asking Demographic Questions About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
ACL / AoA Funded Network Webinar Series
The National Resource Center on LGBTQ+ Aging partners with SAGECare to offer the ACL Organizations who receive funding from the Administration for Community Living (ACL) or the Administration on Aging (AoA) may be eligible to participate in SAGECare webinar trainings at no cost.
See if your organization is eligible for the ACL/AoA Network Webinar Series.
Free of charge!
Understanding and Supporting LGBTQ+ Older Adults
This recording provides a basic provides a basic overview of the unique experiences and needs of LGBT older adults as well as some best practices for working with LGBTQ+ older adults. The recording is approximately 30 minutes long. A recording of the presentation is also available in Spanish.
National Conferences and Events
SAGE staff regularly present at national and regional aging and LGBTQ+ conferences.
To request a speaker: